Dr. Ted Cibik
Inner Strength, Inc. is a comprehensive health and wellness organization founded and led by Ted J. Cibik, PhD, DMQ. With a lifelong passion for health, healing, and wellness, Dr. Cibik has dedicated his career to helping others achieve optimal health.
Dr. Cibik’s interest in health and wellness began at a young age when he was diagnosed with “incurable asthma” at the age of four. Despite dire predictions from physicians, he refused to let his condition limit him and instead began meditating and researching nutrition to control his symptoms. He also incorporated martial arts training and weight lifting into his wellness routine to build strength and lung capacity. Today, he continues to inspire others with his own remarkable story of resilience and recovery.
Under Dr. Cibik’s guidance, Inner Strength, Inc. has evolved from a personal training and martial arts center to a leading provider of Classical Chinese medicine, Traditional Naturopathic services, nutritional counseling, qigong exercise, medical/clinical qigong, and breathing/meditation therapies. In addition, Dr. Cibik travels extensively to offer corporate programs on health, stress management, and wellness.
Inner Strength, Inc. has also expanded to include an Education center that trains the next generation of practitioners in this unique blend of healing methods. The center offers Medical/Clinical QiGong certification, Formless Taoism practice, and a thriving clinic for those seeking whole health solutions to their health challenges. Dr. Cibik’s unwavering commitment to health and wellness has made Inner Strength, Inc. a trusted resource for anyone seeking to improve their overall health and wellbeing.
Healing Sessions with Ted Cibik, PhD, DMQ
Dr. Cibik focuses attention on each client, recognizing that every individual has different needs and solutions for health issues. He brings to the table is vast background, and takes the time with each patient to evaluate the whole being.
- Background in pre-med from the University of Pittsburgh
- Doctorial Degree in Chinese Medicine (specializing in both oncology and immunology)
- Expertise in the Chinese therapies of QiGong, moxibustion, An Mo (visceral manipulation), Jing point therapy, Tui Na (muscle manipulation), Jie Gu (bone setting), herbology.
- 50 years of meditation and breathwork practice and research, including Zen, Buddhist, Silvan, Taoist, TM, and QiGong
- Certification in Herbal Medicines from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
- Ongoing study of Classical Chinese medicine techniques with Dr. Jeffery Yuen.
His professional credentials include:
- Doctorate Degree in Medical QiGong Beijing Western District Qigong Science & Research Institute (China)
- Post Doctorial work in immunology and oncology
- Previous Professional member of the National QiGong Association
- Past Chair of the Certification Committee for the National Qigong Association
- Professional Practitioner Track trainer for the NQA
- Creator of the “Your Self-Defense Against Stress” Video
- Creator of the “Asthma QiGong” Video
- Author of “Air Passage: Surviving Asthma Naturally”
- Certified Senior Fitness Trainer by The American Senior Fitness Association
- Guest health and wellness expert featured regularly on television and radio
- Articles featured in IDEA Personal Trainers, Qi magazine and others.
- Provider of stress management, self defense and fitness seminars for U. S. Government and private industry nationwide
Our Certification Programs in Medical /Clinical Qigong:
Our lead instructor for all medical QiGong courses is Ted J. Cibik, who teaches all classes personally. Dr. Cibik has the longest-running instructional and practical Medical QiGong Programs taught in English in North America. Dr. Cibik has treated patients continuously since 1999 using Medical QiGong and brings the experience of thousands of case scenarios to his classes.
Dr. Cibik is a senior student of Jeffrey Yuen, and recently was awarded the title of Zhong Yi, or Chinese Physician, due to his exceptional understanding of Chinese medicine. He is also a disciple of the Taoist linage Yu Ching Huang Lao Pai, Yellow Emperor/Lao Tzu Sect.
Like the famous Chinese physician Sun Si Miao, Dr. Cibik was sickly as a child, so his interest in medicine grew naturally. His pediatricians believed he would never live past the age of five. Through exercise, nutrition, and meditation he has lived the healing process all his life and now teaches willing students.
Dr. Cibik’s knowledge and presentation style has been sought by hospitals, government agencies (including the National Institute of Health), and psychologists all over the United States for his insight into Chinese Medicine, Naturopathy, counselling and Medical QiGong.
Dr Cibik is recognized by Taoist priests, Buddhist monks, medical doctors and PhD’s for his unique ability to communicate ideas from an Eastern perspective, to a western medical perspective and visa-versa. Raised in both Ch’an Buddhism and Christianity provides a unique balance and insight in his teachings.
Dr. Cibik’s research and investigation into Energy Medicine has been acknowledged by top Energy Medicine researchers for his unique insights into it’s healing methods and various modalities of Chinese Medicine.
Dr. Cibik’s work has been published in such periodicals as: Journal of Naturopathic Medicine; IDEA Health and Fitness Source; Journal of Chinese Medicine; Oriental Medicine: Pacific College of Oriental medicine ; Traditional Chinese Medicine World ; Qi ; Empty Vessel
He has lectured at traditional hospitals and has worked for the last 17 years with the American Lung Association as a facilitator and teacher to asthmatic children on methods for breathing more effectively.
He is a frequent speaker at national conference and conventions, including the annual Taoist Gathering in San Francisco, The National Qigong Association (NQA) conferences, and IDEA. He was the professional track trainer for the NQA . He was the certification committee chair for the NQA, and is tireless in his devotion to the creation of Medical Qigong Practitioners who are of quality and able to represent this work in the world.